Postdoctoral positions available
Multiple postdoctoral research positions are open for application in the Institute of Theoretical Physics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences (ITP-CAS) (http://english.itp.cas.cn). Research areas include but not limited to:
1) theoretical particle physics and nuclear physics;
2) quantum field theory and superstring theory;
3) gravitational theory, astrophysics and cosmology;
4) condensed matter theory;
5) statistical physics, theoretical biophysics and bioinformatics;
6) quantum physics, quantum information and interaction between light and matter.
Qualified applicants should be under the age of 35 and have received a Ph.D. degree in theoretical physics or other related fields. Candidates who have established a good publication record, especially in interdisciplinary research, are encouraged to apply. Making contact with one of the ITP faculty members (http://sourcedb.cas.cn/sourcedb_itp_cas/yw/zjrck/fas/index.html) to secure a potential supervisor would greatly improve the chance of acceptance. Please specify it in the cover letter if a preliminary agreement has been reached with an ITP faculty member.
To apply, the applicant should provide:
1) cover letter；
2) curriculum vitae；
3) at least two recommendation letters (one should be from the Ph.D. advisor of the applicant);
4) a list of publications and citation times of each paper;
5) research statement;
6) research interests and future plan.
All application materials should be submitted electronically as PDF files to Ms. Yaning Sun (firstname.lastname@example.org) before December 15, 2018. It is the applicant’s responsibility to request the referees to send their recommendation letters directly to email@example.com. ITP-CAS has an international-level research environment and an efficient staff team specialized in serving theoretical physics research. Upon acceptance, the applicants will be provided with competitive salaries and renting assistance in Beijing.